Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sitting on the lap of my girl


Sung to the tune of
(Sitting on) the Dock of the Bay,
by Otis Redding
Sittin' in the morning sun
I'll be sittin' when the evening comes
Watching the boat go 'round
Yes, I watch it go around Tucker Pond, yeah
I'm sittin' on the lap of the girl
Watching the shore just twirl
Ooh, I'm just sittin' on the lap of my girl wastin' time

I left my home in upstate
Headed for the Crispy abode
'Cos I had nothing to live for
But then into Alli's car I rode
So I'm just gonna sit on the lap of my girl
Watching the breeze just whirl
Ooh, I'm sittin' on the lap of my girl wastin' time

Don't want nothing to change
Make sure everything remains the same
I think maybe I died and went to dog heaven
So I guess I'll remain the same, listen

Sittin' here resting my bones
And this girl of mine won't leave me alone, listen
To all my neighbors I've roamed
Just to make this cottage my home
Now I'm just gonna sit on the lap of my girl
Watching the 'skeeters just swirl
Ooh wee, I'm sittin' on the lap of my girl wastin' time

No comments: