Saturday, May 26, 2007

Visiting the Spaw


Well, I told you I would let you know about my visit to the Doggie Spaw, where I got my hair cut. You see, my former groomer moved out of the area, so Mom had to find me a new one. After a couple of tries, we found this new shop that just opened up on the Milford Oval -- right in our backyard! This was my second visit, and as I mentioned, Alpha decided to make it a photo-journalism assignment (sigh). But here goes ...

This is Dara. She is not only my groomer, but also the owner of the Doggie Bag and Day Spaw (cute name, eh?) She was very nice, and I enjoyed the special treatment. No other dogs around -- it is by appointment only -- and Mom likes the fact that she can wait while I get groomed, and I don't get left in a doggie crate.

The first thing she does is take off most of my excess fur. She has a special blade that will go through even if you are dirty (I was a bit swampy ;-) That way, less fur to have to wash and dry. Speaking of which ...

You can see how happy I am getting my bath - with shampoo and two special conditioners. Dara told me numerous times I was a perfect customer (I knew that). She also said maybe next time, I could get a special "mud bath" treatment. After all, this is a spa, ya know.

Now a quick toweling off, which is usually all I ever get at home -- but look ...

Here I'm getting my fur blown dry. Do you all get such treatment before you get groomed?

All I have to say here is "Who put the 'S' in Spunk?"

Now Dara gives me the final close clipping to get my fur all the right length. Hey Dara, be careful where you put that thing, OK?

Next comes my mainicure. Or is that a pedicure? I don't know, but Dara said I didn't need much (that's becuase I run with Alpha)

Now I get scissor work on my face and my paws. This is to make sure I'm very handsome, and I can see everybody when I'm done ;-)

So here's the finished product. A wonderful grooming experience in the doggie spaw. I really am going to have to talk to Mom about some of the extra special offerings. Hey, I'm worth it, right?

And here's Dara's card if anyone in the area wants to check out her shop. She also sells lots of homemade doggie treats, plus clothes and toys, and you name it. Very cool. Thanks Dara! See you next time!

No comments: