Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pepe' le Pew



It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but perhaps the title gives away this story. Yep. Yesterday I found myself a skunk.

He wasn't really happy about the encounter, and so, I got the backside of his backside. Peee-eeeewwwww. Right in the kisser.

My eyes were all stinging, and I was rolling on the ground trying to get that stuff off. Alpha tried to get me into the pond, but that wasn't working for me ;-)

So inside the house we went, for multiple vigorous bathings, and saline solution for the eyes. No tomato juice, BTW -- that doesn't really work (according to the 'net).

In the end, my parents figured I didn't get a full dose. And so while the house (and I) still smell a little stinky, we will all survive.

And as you can see in this post-repeat-bath, post-vigorous-towel-roll photo, at least my eyes look fine.

Good thing we don't have aroma-web -- then you'd see that while I'm cute, I'm still smellin' a little bit like Pepe' le Pew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frito! You hunt chipmunks and frogs, not skunks! You may have to come see me for a skunk treatment. I can try and easy the smell with special shampoo and spray for you. Give me a call and I am hoping that you will be putting in a guest appearance at the Bark-B-Q this month. Dara

Frito said...

Well. Dara, it goes like this. I also hunt grey squirrels and red squirrels.

And I like to chase deer and wild turkeys away too -- it's fun to see those big birds fly and gobble gobble.

I have been lucky so far when I hunted (and treed) a porcupine. No quills, but that's only because he ran away ;-)

So you see, a skunk is really only another critter to be chased. Alas, there is this really smelly, stingy spray. But something tells me if I see it again, I'll be right back in this boat :-(

Actually, there is one possibility that I will "learn" from this (mis)adventure. One time I decided to hunt toads that were mating in our pond. I mean, what the heck is the difference between toad and frogs, right?

Well, toads taste really nasty. They immediately made my mouth foam and froth. And I didn't like it at all. After that experience (or maybe one more), I learned the difference between toads and frogs, and left the toads alone. But froggies, you better watch out!

As for the Bark-B-Q later this month, alas, my family is on vacation, and I will be in doggie day care during that time. I'm bummin'!

But here's the good news. Hopefully, my boarder/trainer will be able to teach me good doggie socialization skills, so at the next event, I won't cause a ruckus by trying to eat any of the other guests ;-)