Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've been tagged?


Well, well, this certainly is a first.

Anyone ever hear of a dog being "tagged"? (That's blogospeak for being given a homework assignment ;-)

Pat tagged moi, of all, er, dogs, to respond to this provocative challenge:

"Come up with six cool words that you'd leave as a memoir."

Hellllooooo Pat. What's a memoir? Donchaknow we dogs live in the present moment. Don't worry about all that "future" stuff, like "what will they remember about me when I'm gone". Gone where? Heck, I'm always coming back with my tail a-waggin', and my tongue a-lickin'.

Nevertheless, let's pretend I was trying to write my (six word) memoir. Here's one idea:

"A lotta love ina little package."

(Clever how I made-up "lotta" and 'ina', donchathink?) I kinda got the idea for making up words from Pat anyways, so that's a little poetic justice, donchaknow ;-)

OK, here's another one:

"I'll be a-lickin', if I'm a-kickin'."

(Not sure where the cowboy-drawl comes from; not real sure of my ancestory.)

Final attempt:

"Already in dog heaven. Thanks, Alli."

(Ya see, this is a clever double entendre -- you humans soooo underestimate us dogs -- because thanks to my girl Alli, who picked me out of all the other dogs, I've been in dog heaven ever since she brought me home. So once I'm gone, rest assured, it can't get any better than this.)

Wow, that was fun, Pat. Thanks.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Frito, you're the best. I hope you get a yummy treat for all your hard work!

Frito said...

Aww gee shucks, Pat.

Good thing I'm brown and furry ... otherwise you might see me blushin'

Now, about that yummy treat ...

Anonymous said...

Frito, I never knew that you had that in you!! What a clever little guy you are. We should try one for the mud bath. I am so glad to hear that you saw a frog, I was giving up hope that we wouldn't see green again. I want pictures when you get the first one of the spring. Dara

Frito said...

Yessirree, Dara -- I'm nuttin' if not clever (hee, hee)

And as for frogs -- well, I certainly hope they crawled back into the mud, or wherever they go, since we just got 6 more inches of snow!

Mon Dieu! (See, I'm bilingual too ;-)