Monday, March 31, 2008

Run, Alpha, Run


This here is my congratulatory photo. You dun good Alpha.

Alpha just got finished running in the Eastern States 20 mile race. It starts in Maine, runs through New Hampshire, and finishes in Massachusetts.

He's using it as a training run for the Eugene, OR marathon in May. And with my encouragement (see the T-shirt he wore? ;-), he managed to run 20 miles in 2 hours 59 minutes, or an 8:59 min/mile pace. That's better than he expected. Woo-hoo.

Let's do some more training runs together, Alpha, just as soon as you recover (hee, hee).

2 comments:

Alli said...

You'll have to give Alpha a congratulatory kiss for his 20-mile race! (Well, actually, I'm sure you already have!) Very impressive times!

Frito said...

Oh yes, many kisses when he got home (as usual -- for everyone -- I'm a non-discriminatory kisser).

And yes, I'm sure those must have been good race times, since Alpha is still hobbling around the house (hee, hee).