Monday, April 02, 2007

Enjoyin' my walks



I hope Alpha's friend of a friend doesn't mind. But a lady named Bobbie Brooks wrote a poem to go along wth a picture of a dog -- and well, let's face it, I'm sooo much cuter than that other dog -- so I thought I might "borrow" the poem, because it really does capture my view of the world. Here goes:
What dogs say ... By Bobbie Brooks

are we done already? do we hafta go back?
i chased a squirrel an' two rabbits an' a chipmunk
an' i ‘most caught the chipmunk an'
i found where the deer sleep an' the tree where owl eats an'
can’t we do walkies s’more?
an' climbed on some AWESOME bigbig rocks
an' peed on lots of stuff so’s the other folks know we were here
an' lapped coldcoldcold from the creek an' yelled
at that stupid crow to stop followin’ us an'
do we hafta go back? i can fetch a stick for ya
throw me one throw me one throw me one
do we hafta go home?
i found some bird bones wanna see ‘em?
an' where turtle hides under a log but he was too
busy bein’ a rock
an' smelled poop an' ran fastfastfastfastfast
with the wind an' chased it away an'
rolled in something WONDERFUL
an' more walkies? moremoremore?
more?

No comments: