Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Charlie and the Rugrats


Hey, welcome back to 2010. That was a fun trip down memory lane. And to ease you back into it, I thought I'd mix up a recent movie with a little nostalgia.

You've heard of "Bennie and the Jets," right?

Well, this is completely different (LOL). This is "Charlie and the Rugrats."

Charlie is a neighbor of mine, and the father of quite a little progeny,and we have bumped into them a couple of times on our walks.

Man, talk about a bunch of yippers! I tell ya, they give us Yorkies a bad name.

And they bring out the yipper in me too. And that's hard to do because I'm, rather perfect, donchaknow!

Oh, and for those of you that are nostalgic, just thank Elton John and Bernie Taupin:

Hey kids, shake it loose together
The spotlight's hitting something
That's been known to change the weather
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight
So stick around
You're gonna hear electric music
Solid walls of sound


[chorus]
Say, Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet
But they're so spaced out, B-B-B-Bennie and the Jets
Oh but they're weird and they're wonderful
Oh Bennie she's really keen
She's got electric boots a mohair suit
You know I read it in a magazine
B-B-B-Bennie and the Jets

Hey kids, plug into the faithless
Maybe they're blinded
But Bennie makes them ageless
We shall survive, let us take ourselves along
Where we fight our parents out in the streets
To find who's right and who's wrong

[repeat chorus x2]

2 comments:

Alli said...

The video isn't available :(

And I shall catch up with my comments if I make it through work today! =P

But as usual, Frito, you are the CUTEST pooch in the world!!

Frito said...

Thanks for the heads-up Alli. I'd like to blame that YouTube-thingy, but instead, I'll just blame Alpha for his lack of quality control.

Come on Alpha, get cracking, and fix my movie!